Steg Engineering now offers a professional engineering design service led by our Managing Director Aran Fitzgerald who holds a research masters in mechanical engineering from Monash University.
Prior to joining the family business, Aran has been working as a professional engineer locally in the offshore engineering consulting field and 8 years of international experience in Switzerland where he worked on the design, commissioning and operation of industrial gas turbines and went on to manage the technical sales for 7 gas turbines power units in the field. He is an expert in Finite Element Analysis, combustion and Computational Fluid Dynamics and has a lot of experience working within ISO9001 and stringent safety under ISO45001/AS4024 including risk-assessment and hazard identification.
Steg Engineering also employs a Bachelor level mechanical engineer who is currently undertaking an apprenticeship as a machinist. The purpose of this is to marry the knowledge of a mechanical engineer with the real world experience of a machinist to create the most useful kind of engineer - one that knows that what he designs can be built!
- Mechanical and structural design with engineering sign-off and design calculations
- Mechanical drafting to AS1101
- Structural analysis using Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Fluid flow analysis using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- 3D CAD
- Design and manufacture of CNC controlled machinery
- Designs that can be cost effectively manufactured
- Design and engineering to Australian and international standards ISO9001, AS4024 including safety and risk analysis
Our Service - the Steg advantage:
- Personalised and open communication
- Attention to customer service and customer requirements
- Cost effective compared to larger consulting firms
- Our business as a manufacturing facility means that our designs can be built!
- In-house manufacturing leading to further cost savings
Get in touch
We're always excited to discuss potential projects. If you have any engineering needs, get in touch today.